Growbox is an android app that lets you stream videos directly from the comfort of your Android smartphone. Casting or streaming videos directly from device mean that you can cast your favorite online videos on any device (such as your television) that supports casting, right from your smartphone. Since the trend has become popular, more and more people are curious to find the perfect casting app. One such application is growbox.
Growbox app: Introduction
The app presents itself as MX player. The application works by sending the video URL and headers ( which it receives from Showbox ) to any application. The end result is a fast and efficient casting of any stream upon Showbox or any similar kind of application. The app also lets you cast movies and stream from Showbox app to chrome cast directly. In short, the app works to fix any streaming issues with Showbox.
If you’re searching about growbox, I am sure that you know about showbox app. If you use both of them, you’ll find that both of these have a ton of similarities. Showbox was the application that took the online TV shows, and movies to a whole new level. You have certainly heard about showbox, but if you haven’t learned about of growbox, here is what you need to know. Growbox is an advanced application that has all the features of showbox, along with some new features that aren’t in showbox.
The tech used by this application is great and makes highly difficult tasks possible. You should at least once try this application. If you don’t have an Android smartphone, you can also test the app on SmartTV or PC. There are tons of things that you can do with this application.
Why should you download Growbox?
- A very efficient streaming app that helps you watch most of our favorite television shows and movies online free of cost.
- Using MX player, you can send headers and URLs to your TV and watch the same content on a bigger screen without making any compromise on quality.
- There was a small issue when the only player that was capable of sending header files to chrome cast decided to stop that feature. However, Showbox has added support for sending header upon video request with Allcast. This would allow Allcast users to use the latest version of Showbox.
- If you haven’t used, AllCast is an application that lets you send video headers, music, photos and URLs to your television application! As of now, it enables you to cast on: Cinema box HD, Amazon TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Samsung and Sony, Roku, WDTV, Xbox One, Xbox 350, Showbox app.
Growbox apk: Usage instructions
You have to start the procedure by downloading growbox app apk from the link above. Once you’re done downloading, you need to install. But, in order to install it, you would have to uninstall MX media player ( If you installed it )
MX Player uninstall instructions
Go to settings > Apps > MX Player > Uninstall.
- The next step after uninstallation of MX player, you need to install the growbox apk.
- Note: You might get an error when you install the growbox apk file. This is due to the fact that you haven’t enabled installation from unknown sources. To enable the installation, go to settings > security > and turn on “unknown sources”.
- Install Allcast from this direct link. You need to install Allcast for everything to work properly.
- Don’t bother with the Allcast app. It is just a multimedia sharing application. The app enables you to share photos, music, and videos from an android smartphone to television. The only drawback of this app is it allows only 5-minute playback in the free version ( get the paid version for free here ).
- Now when you open your Showbox application, you need to uncheck “use internal player” option. Once you do this, you can cast movies, videos, tv shows from Showbox via the growbox app. When you run the app you’re gonna see the “open with” option, select Allcast.
Showbox has been the king of online streaming applications. The best part of the reason why it made it so big is that it is free to use and you don’t need any subscription or pay anything. Addition to this, its library is regularly updated. This means that you’d always have new content to watch.
- Start the Showbox app.
- Pick up any movie series that you’d like to watch and open it in the app. You can also select what resolution do you want to watch content.
- Click on watch now, and it will ask you which player to open it with.
- From the menu in the top right corner, go to tools > Cast to start screen casting.
- Now, choose growbox in order to cast your movie on big screen. You can now connect your favorite devices and start watching content in comfort.
Salient features of Showbox app
- High-quality videos: When you use Showbox, you can be sure that you’ll get the best quality content for both TV shows and movies. Everything, ranging from updates and high demand content, you’ll get to access it without paying anything for it.
- Flexible quality: The app delivers quality content with quality print. Nearly all of the content is available 360p to 1080p.
- Take videos offline: There are two ways you can enjoy your favorite content. If you have a fast internet, or you don’t want to fill your storage, you can watch things online. You can take content offline and watch it while you’re traveling or if you are in an area that doesn’t have fast internet.
- Bookmarks: If you don’t have enough time for watching your favorite movie or series right away, you can always add them to your bookmarks and watch them later on. You won’t lose your content and you can watch it whenever you want to.
- Updates: The application knows how to keep up with the latest trends. New TV shows, series, and movies are added to its library on a weekly basis.
- Clean organization: The app library is properly organized. No matter if you’re an expert or new user, you won’t find it troubling to find your favorite movie in this app.
- Handy navigation: The app has got only one menu. Using that single menu, you can navigate wherever you want to. You can get access to downloads, trailers, news, updates and much more – all from one place.
- A lot of people complain that they couldn’t install the growbox because of an error. This is due to the fact that people don’t uninstall MX player application. So, it is essential that you remove MX player.
- Some people also complain that they can’t tap the install button. This is likely to arise from a screen dimmer that you’ve installed. Hence, you to uninstall any screen dimming application too.